Saturday, July 19, 2014

Planning for Silent Cinema Sunday - These are not real problems....

Last weekend life got in the way and I missed my Silent Cinema Sunday.  Threw off my whole week.  Sad.  #FirstWorldProblems
Anyway, so now I'm so excited about actually having time to do what I want tomorrow that I'm all over the place and can't decide what I'm gonna do!!  I'm so torn!
I want to have a Renee Adoree day, BUT I'm still waiting for my delivery of Mr Wu.  I want to start off with Daydreams(Buster makes everything amazing!), then watch The Pagan(my first Ramon Novarro!), then The Big Parade(which is supposed to be one of the best silents ever made - show me what you can do girl!), then finish up with Mr Wu(cause I love love love Lon Chaney).  Alas, Mr Wu is not here yet, so I'm just babbling....
Or I could have a Douglas Fairbanks day.  I have a really good documentary that I've been meaning to watch....  Followed by When the Clouds Roll By, Reggie Mixes In, Flirting With Fate, and maybe The Three Musketeers.  I've seen The Black Pirate too many times, so I'm not including it.
Or Pola Negri....Sappho, The Wildcat, Barbed Wire, The Eyes of the Mummy....  Sigh.
Or Richard Barthelmess!  The Enchanted Cottage, The Idol Dancer, Drop Kick, and Tol'able David.  Then I could close up with Midnight Alibi, which I know is a talkie, but Ann Dvorak!!  And I can finally hear Richard's voice!  I sometimes round out my Silent Cinema Sundays with their voices.  Full circle and all, you know.
Too many decisions!  So many good movies just waiting for me!  Life is hard.
Love,
Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment