Friday, January 6, 2017

New Years Resolutions

IMG_20170106_134128_543.jpg


Happy New Year!


I’m doing the bestest resolution ever!  I wanted to pick something that would make me stick to it but would also be fun.  I don’t want to fail again this year, but I want something that will inspire me and help me grow.  I tend to be a bit scatty.  I start something, get really really excited about it and then it becomes overwhelming and I quit.  And then proceed to feel terrible about it forever.  This happens even when it is something that I enjoy.  Somehow it starts to feel like pressure.  And that’s no good!  I need better habits and that what this should help with as well.
I love classic movies.  Love love love.  I love learning the stories behind classic movies.  I love seeing patterns and meaning in classic movies.  And I love food.  And cocktails.  
I got a copy of TCM The Essentials 52 Must See Movies and Why They Matter and a copy of TCM Movie Night Menus.  I’m hoping that this will keep me focused.  Kinda like a syllabus.  
I have really high hopes for this and I’m super excited.  I get learn stuff and cook and I’m going to be exposed to movies that I never would have taken the time for before.  I have seen quite a few of these movies, but I think the book will shed new light on them.  And, well, they’re fantastic and I’ll just adore seeing them again regardless!  Especially with a good dinner!
I’m just using the Movie Night Menus as a guideline.  Not all of the movies are in there, not even close, and I have some pretty strict dietary requirements myself.  I’m a vegetarian and I can’t drink.  ​​ ​I​ ​can​ ​replace​ ​most​ ​meat​ ​with fake​ ​meat,​ ​so​ ​that​ ​should​ ​work.​ ​​ ​Maybe.​ ​​ ​As​ ​for​ ​the​ ​cocktails….well​, ​I’ll​ ​see​ ​what​ ​I​ ​can​ ​come​ ​up with. But it will be inspiration!  If that week’s movie isn’t in the book, I can find a movie that’s “like” the one I’m watching that week, or maybe I can match the stars, or I can come up with my own movie inspired dinners.  Doesn’t matter, this is supposed to be fun!
I’m also hoping(and I’m just whispering this, because I might fail at this part) to blog about each of these.  Writing is so important for me.  I gotta do it more, I don’t want my brain turning to jelly!  

So wish me luck!  Happy New Year to everyone!


Love,
Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment