Sunday, March 12, 2017

New Year's Resolution Week Ten: Swing Time


I've hit week ten!  This week I got to watch another wonderful film.  Swing Time with Ginger Rogers, Fred Astaire, and Victor Moore.  This is probably my favorite Fred and Ginger film.  It's just wonderful.  I say that a lot though don't I?  I can't help it.  I love movies.

I was again left on my own for dinner.  I had such a busy week and such a busy weekend, that I was just at a loss this time.  I couldn't come up with anything!  My brain was just fried this week.  It was a great week with lots of fun stuff, I just didn't get a chance to think!  So I'm afraid I'm doing this a little half-ass.  I decided to just do a dinner with things I was craving(and that I could eat).  So I got my favorite pizza(Home Run Inn, baby!), a Snickers bar, and some lemon/lime fizzy water.  Sorry if you were expecting something more exciting, I just didn't have it in me!

Here's my half-ass comfort food dinner!  Pizza, Snickers, and lemon/lime fizzy water.  I did whip out some pretty depression glass and one of my silent film star highball glasses.

So onto the film!  I do so adore this movie!  From the plot to the soundtrack to the dancing to the costumes.  Especially the costumes!  Ginger's wardrobe is amazing!  She's already a stunning woman, but in these clothes, she's just dazzling.  She's a diamond.

So stunning!

Fred is his usual charming self.  He's always good and likable.  I always find him even better with Ginger.  She shines and I think is by far the best partner he was ever paired with.  Astaire was just so graceful that everyone looked like a lummox next to him.  Everyone but Ginger.  I really liked him with Eleanor Powell, but I think that is because they danced next to each other, not "with" each other.  She was a very powerful dancer though and she not only kept up with him, but I think she out did him.  He admitted that she was too strong for him as well.

They just melted into each other.

Fred does Mr Bojangles in this film.  It's a beautiful scene.  The visual is so clever and the choreography is wonderful.  It's another one of those "I just don't know how he did it" moments.

See this movie just for this scene.

The script is quick and fun.  You love both characters and just want them to be happy.  It's really charming.  A great light comedy that is just beautiful to look at.  

Lookit these goofballs!  They just make me all squishy!

I had another lovely evening.  Pizza and chocolate are always always good, just like Rogers and Astaire!

Love,
Olive
PS: Sorry this is a bit brief, but like I said, I'm fried and today is daylight savings time, and that always messes me up a bit!  Next week I'll be better, and I've already got dinner figured out.  
  



No comments:

Post a Comment