Sunday, May 14, 2017

New Year's Eve Resolution Week Nineteen: Leave Her To Heaven



I saw this movie years ago.  I loved every second of it, so I was really looking forward to tonight.  Such a good movie!  This is gonna be fun!

I spent all week trying to come up with an idea for dinner tonight.  Then I started thinking about what my idea of heaven was.  In my heaven, I would have Italian food and cake and ice cream.  :-)  Lots of it.  And it would be calorie free.  Since I'm not in heaven, there's not much I can do about the calories, but I can get my favorite foods!  So I ordered from one of my favorite Italian restaurants and picked up a slice of cake and my very favorite ice cream.  Heaven!  I got me a panzerotti with extra cheese, basil, tomatoes, and garlic.  Then I got a very moist piece of chocolate cake with white icing.  Simple.  For my favorite ice cream?  Chunky Monkey.  It's such a favorite that I usually only have it on NYE.  I had a bad day though.  I was supposed to see a really rare silent film with a live score, but it was cancelled at the last minute.  The didn't tell us until we got there.  Sucked.  So I decided to treat myself.  And lets face it, I really like treating myself.

Here it is!  Heaven on depression glass!  Chunky Monkey ice cream.  Panzerotti.  Chocolate cake!

Onto the movie!  The plot of this film is awesome.  It goes so fast.  You'd never know that it was almost 2 hours long.  We all know by now that I can't sit still very well, I sat still through this one.  Well, as still as I sit.  Even though I remembered the plot, it was still wonderful to watch how things unfolded again.  It really has a great build.  You slowly get to know the main character played by Gene Tierney.  It's just right so that it doesn't spoil the mood, but builds it.

There's something under sleeping here....

Now ya all know what I'm going to say about Gene Tierney, right?  Stunning!  She is amazingly beautiful.  I mean, the woman is flawless.   She's so beautiful that it almost distracts from what a good actress she is.  When her true character is revealed, it is even more off putting because of her beauty.  I'm sure it was intentional.  You'd never suspect someone so perfect of being cray-cray.  And even though she does unforgivable things, you kinda wonder why someone would leave such a beauty.

Way to beautiful to be nuts!  Even she's surprised!  Thank you very much!

The other thing that strikes me about this movie is how lush it is.  Each scene is just vibrant.  It's so gorgeous, you almost wonder if the color wasn't enhanced.  It's just a dessert for the eyes!

Every single scene is like this.  So lush and beautiful!  You can almost taste the color.

So I spent the night in heaven!  Some of my favorite foods and a movie that was entertaining and beautiful to watch.  I don't really need to tell you how good my dinner was, do I?  Considering the menu, how could it not be fabulous?  And I didn't have to cook!  Ended up not being a bad Sunday after all!

Love,
Olive
 

No comments:

Post a Comment