Sunday, June 4, 2017

New Year's Eve Resolution Week Twenty Two: The Red Shoes


This was another movie that I was not looking forward to.  The only exposure that I've had to it was from A Chorus Line.  Some of the dancers saying how this movie inspired them and made them want to become a dancer.  Then my favorite character Val comes up and says,  "Oh, yeah, let's get one thing straight. See, I never heard about 'The Red Shoes,' I never saw 'The Red Shoes,' I didn't give a fuck about 'The Red Shoes.'"  That's kinda how I felt about this movie.  And it looked long.  And y'all know that I don't like long.  Oh well, it's a resolution and ya gotta do what you gotta do.

Dinner.  I was looking for something inspiring in this movie.  So I thought, "What do ballerina's eat?"  I looked it up.  They claim to eat a lot.  They lie.  We've all seen The Black Swan.  They don't eat.  This worked out kinda perfect.  I had a HUGE lunch and wasn't hungry at all.  So tonight, I eat like a ballerina.  Nothing.  ;-)  Before any ballerina's jump all over me, this is totally tongue in cheek.  

Tonight we dine on empty depression glass.  Still so pretty.

So onto the movie.  I was right, it was long.  Clocked in at 2 hours and 15 minutes.  However, it was pretty.  Really really pretty.  Which made it easier to watch.  I'm not a frou-frou kinda girl.  Most of the time.  There are *some* frou-frou things I like.  The ending surprised me.  I was not expecting that.  It made me like the movie much more.  I think if I had known how it ended, I would have enjoyed it more.  I'm going to have to give this one a second chance.  Someday.  When I think I can sit still for 2+ hours.  

This movie kinda made me do this.

Still, like I said, it was pretty.  The colors were so vibrant. Moira Shearer was stunning.  Her hair was incredible.  There were some really cool shots that stood out.  I really enjoyed the way the film looked.  

This shot is really cool.  

So tonight was kinda blah.  I didn't enjoy the film so much and there was nothing good to eat.  I was too full anyway, but still.  Good food makes everything better.  I gotta stop eating such big lunches.

Love, 
Olive


No comments:

Post a Comment